Spa Robes: Which Fabric Provides a Luxurious Experience?
Spa robes are wonderful personal clothing that we use as a necessity and for luxury. Whether we use it after a long hot bath or while reading a good book in a chilly evening, these spa robes should meet our expectations. That’s because the warmth and the coziness we feel while wearing them depend on their fabric.
Before, we can only experience this comfort in spas and hotels. But now, we can already experience this at home because a lot of stores are selling them, even online. But how do we choose the right spa robes?
How to Pick the Right Spa Robe?
Every spa robe is different. Besides your personal choice and taste, you need to consider the purpose of the spa robe. What do you need it for? There are three things you need to consider when choosing a spa robe.
- Spa robe style. Spa robes come in various styles which include shawl-collared robes and kimonos. There are also the ones with hoods and sleeve cuffs. Each spa robe varies in length, size, fitments, and sleeve length. You should pick the right style and cut choice based on your needs.
- Weight. The more absorbent the spa robe is, the heavier it is.
- Absorbency. Absorbency and fabrics always go hand in hand. What do you do in a spa? The need for high-level absorbency of a spa robe depends on the activities you do in a spa. If you just want to wear it around the house for comfort, then absorbency may not be a priority. As you can see, satin and silk robes aren’t good with absorbency but they’re considered the best fashionable choices.
5 Best Spa Robe Fabricsto Provide a Luxurious Experience
We learned how to choose a spa robe based on our needs. Now, let’s find out what spa robe fabrics can provide you a luxurious experience.
- Cashmere. Cashmere robes are the go-to fabric whenever you want to buy winter loungewear. They wrap you in an ultra-warm cocoon of coziness. There are different types of cashmere robes out there so you need to pay attention to their quality. A high-end cashmere robe is very insulating, warm, and light. It’s also pricey.
Cashmere robes can be considered as an investment. They’re worth every cent because they offer a luxurious treat of a lifetime.
Why should you choose cashmere robes? They provide a great feeling against your skin. They’re also soft to touch.
What to consider: You need to dry-clean these robes. Also, they don’t have absorbing properties.
- Cotton Terry Robes. Whenever we think about luxury, we’ll always think of cotton Terry. For a long time now, cotton Terry has been identified as a synonym for luxury. That’s because it’s smooth, soft, and comfortable. Back in the day, these robes can only be seen in luxurious hotels and spas. But today, we’re lucky to find them almost everywhere.
Why should you choose cotton Terry robes?They’re thick. They’re provide comfort and incredible warmth. The also have high levels of absorbency.
What to consider: They tend to become bulky and heavy because of their high absorption levels. They’re also subject to shrinkage. Make sure to choose a pre-shrunk material.
- Cotton Velour.Terry Velour spa robes are perfect for cold winter nights when you just want to snuggle with hot cocoa and a book. They’re usually the first choice in areas with colder climates and for those who like pampering and comfort the most. Cotton Velour is known as the “super fabric” for winter robes.
Why should you choose cotton Velour robes? They provide a great feeling against your skin. They’re durable and also insulating.
What to consider: The density of the fabric makes them heavier compared to other spa robes.
- Silk and Satin Robes.Silk and satin robes will always be a part of anyone’s list even if they lack water absorbency features. That’s because they are the ultimate choice of many people when it comes to indoor wear, in the luxury department.
Besides the fact that they’re smooth, silk and satin robes are self-indulgence. You can never say no to them. They are also perfect for summertime, when all you want to do is to slip in something comfortable and cool. They’re also fluid, seductive, and extremely lightweight. However, silk and satin robes can be pricey. That’s because many people like them.
Why should you choose satin and silk robes? They’re fluid and cool. Also, they’re the perfect choice for a very steamy weather.
What to consider: They don’t have water absorbency features, and this makes them more of a loungewear than actual spa robes.
- Luxury Microfiber Robes. The new technologies allow microfiber robes to be more lightweight and finer than other spa robes. These luxury microfiber robes are a thing to love. You can find them in spas and upscale hotels. That’s because they’re not only perfect for yearlong wear. They’re also perfect for lounging.
They are relatively new to the market. Their price tag is usually high, too. However, a luxury microfiber robe is a perfect gift you can offer yourself and your family members. If you’re looking for upscale comfort, then this is the best spa robe for you.
Why should you choose luxury microfiber robes? They are warm and cozy. They also have great absorbency. On top of that, they look sleek and classy, depending on the weaving style.
What to consider: luxury microfiber robes come with prices that reflect their high-end features.
Finding the best or perfect spa robe for you isn’t an easy task. Aside from the color, length, prints, sizes, and other extra features, you need to know that the best fabrics are the ones that can help you decide. Plush Necessities is your source of the perfect spa robe. They offer a dual layer luxury spa robe made of super soft microfiber, lined in plush white long-loop Terry.Now that you already what to look for, tell us what you think. Leave your comments below and we’ll try to answer them.